July 4, 2019 Celebrations Near Menifee, CA
West Tow Presents Local Activities For the Weekend of July 4th, 2019. Come Join Us and Celebrate Our Independence, Menifee, and Temecula Valley!
July 4th, 2019 Independence Day and America’s 244th anniversary of the signing of, The Declaration of Independence.
This holiday is one that every American and even visitors to our shores would consider the most iconic of all celebratory days. We think of street parades, street vendors selling tempting sweet and savory goodies, flags and souvenirs and time with friends and family at barbeques, picnics at a local parks fireworks and a well deserved day off at the beginning of the summer months.
It is also considered the most dangerous day of the year for drivers and one of the highest numbers of driving while impaired statistics when compared to any other holiday of the year, except perhaps New Years Eve. The statistics are grim as it is predicted that 50 million people will travel on July 4th and emergency rooms will not only see dozens of firework injuries, but also a huge increase in traffic accidents, including fatalities. In just the last year in California, there were 3651 fatalities from auto-related accidents. The estimated percentage of accidents from impaired driving for July is estimated at 31-32%.
We at West Tow, as your local neighborhood towing services company, want to make sure that you have a safe and happy 4th of July week, we recommend the following plan ahead safety tips:
- Do a vehicle safety check. Are your engine’s fluids topped off, are your tires inflated to recommended levels and are the lights on your vehicle all working, headlights, indicators, running lights and brake lights. If you travel at night on the roads, working lights are even more important, as other drivers rely on these to judge how other vehicles are using the road, and to tell if they are pulled over and stopped on the road unexpectedly.
- Is the vehicle safe to drive – remember if you have an engine light on, or your vehicle is prone to overheating, breaking down on the 4th of July in the hot weather with a higher than usual number of vehicles using the road, can turn what starts as a fun day trip into an exhausting nightmare. If you see emergency vehicles stopped to help stranded vehicles, if possible, safely move over to one lane over, or slow down, tapping your brake lights to indicate to the vehicles behind you that you are changing speed.
- If your celebrations will involve drinking please consider either designating a sober driver or making alternate travel plans if a designated driver is not possible, such as taking public transportation, a cab, or even asking a friend or family member to pick you up for that barbeque or picnic. Be aware that even though you are a safe and responsible driver, many sharing the road with you may be drunk or driving under the influence of drugs, stay alert, plan ahead, let aggressive drivers move ahead and definitely do not take the chance of driving while impaired yourself, it really isn’t worth it.
- Saturday, June 29th, 2019 MENIFEE CA – Weekend Independence Day Celebration!
on from 4 PM to 9 PM at Wheatfield Park 30627 Menifee Rd, Menifee, CA 92584.
Parade, Beer Garden, Food & Craft Vendors, Live Entertainment, Family Fun, Fireworks at 9 pm. Entry is free to the public.
Kids Zone includes Bouncy Jumpers and Slides for 6 years and under 42” tall.
For bigger kids over 42” tall, obstacle course and interactive games. Purchase $10 wrist bands (required) cash payment only.
Fireworks front row seating VIP area for viewing fireworks includes smores/drinks and a gift. $15 per person or just $40 for a family of 4. Seating is limited, so call to make reservations a.s.a.p. (951) 723-3880
For a map and street closures, you can visit the event website: https://www.cityofmenifee.us/378/independence-Day-Celebration
- Saturday, June 29th, 2019 Murrieta’s 28th Annual Birthday Bash – Music and Fireworks. California Oaks Sports Park. This beautiful park is hosting this event with vendors, music, band and fireworks – very family friendly No alcohol, no dogs and no smoking. Celebration time begins at 2 pm with Fireworks at 9 pm. 40600 California Oaks Rd, Murrieta, CA 92562. For more information, visit www.murrieta.ca.gov or call (951) 304-7275.
- Old Town Temecula Star Spangled Banner July 4th Annual Parade and Celebrations! Event is open to everyone and includes, parade, vendors, food, fun and free live entertainment for everyone – check the website for the parade and parking information. https://TemeculaCa.gov/1087/4th-July-Extravaganza. Parade 10 am – Old Town Temecula Front Street Family Fun 2 pm – Ronald Reagan Sports Park. Fireworks at 9 pm!
- Moreno Valley 4th July Parade Festival, Fun, and Fireworks. Come for parade live music, beer garden and great times! Parade Begins 9:30 am on Frederick St, Moreno ValleyFun Festival begins 2 pm & Finale Fireworks Show 9 pm. Mountain View Middle School, 13130 Morrison St, Moreno Valley Ca 92555.
- Saturday, July 5th – Moonlight Movies in the Park. 6-10pm – Website for Details. Two locations: (1) Temeku Hills Park – 31367 La Serena Way, Temecula, CA 92591 (2) Harveston Community Park – 28582 Harveston Dr, Temecula, CA 92591. Fun with family and friends begins at 6 pm with free movies shown at dusk until 10 pm. https://temeculaca.gov/Facilities/Facility/Details/Harveston-Community-Park-13 https://temeculaca.gov/Facilities/Facility/Details/Temeku-Hills-Park-19